Gary Gomes' Vedic Astrology Tips
By Gary Gomes
|May and June look to be a very interesting time for us all, as there are several fairly big astrological changes that occurring during this time.|
As May began, Jupiter moved to Kumbha (Aquarius), the Sun on May 14th moves to Vrishabha (Taurus), Mercury remains in Vrishabha (Taurus), Moon is in Makara (Capricorn), UttaraAshada, Mars and Venus are both in Meena (Pisces), Saturn progresses retrograde through Simha (Leo), while Rahu continues in Makara (Capricorn).
The most significant change we see, is that Jupiter has left Capricorn and will stay in Aquarius for almost four months. Although freed of Rahu's clutches and therefore more capable of expressing itself favorably rather than expanding panic which it does when in the company of Rahu, we will see some more sanity and guarded optimism about the economy. However, don't expect an overall economic recovery to start - Saturn's aspect on Jupiter will slow things down and I would not expect to see an economic rebound until very late in 2009, even into early 2010.
One of the other complications connected with Jupiter's presence in Capricorn with Rahu is that it has been detrimental to Venus' recent exaltation in Pisces. Because the lord of the ruler of Pisces is debilitated, it has caused the positive significations of Venus to be hampered during April. Again the transit of Jupiter to Aquarius will render a better, but not a perfect, exaltation placement for Venus, as Saturn and Mars (in Pisces) will be diminishing the auspiciousness of this placement at least until May 23, when Mars changes into its own sign of Mesha (Aries). Interestingly enough, Mars will be moving more rapidly than normal, as it will exit Pisces well before Venus will. This means Venus is moving more slowly than normal as well. This increases Venus' auspiciousness, but decreases the positive side of Mars.
Because of this combination, we will see real estate still continuing to be problematic, save for luxury commodities. The conjunction of Mars with Venus will increase argumentativeness in relationships, and individuals with rising signs Cancer and Capricorn, Pisces and Virgo, will be vulnerable to major relationship disputes through the end of May.
Mercury, as the sun moves to Taurus continues to be retrograde in Taurus, aspected by Saturn, then moving into Aries for only six days from May 25th to June 5th. This 24 day transit, mostly under the influence of Saturn, will cause major communications problems and will also cause extreme over analysis. Basically we are looking at major communications and systems breakdowns, misinterpretation of good news as bad news, and increased governmental scandals and growing dissatisfaction with government and authority figures of all types, peaking around May 25, 2009. On the positive side, retrograde Mercury can be good for bargains, but not for contracts.
The placement of the Moon with Rahu at the start of the month does point to blocks to free mental flow increasing public anxiety indicating major issues of financial security, mainly because of too much conservatism in financial decision-making, a common problem during recessions.
Good news follows in that there may be some improvement in optimism after May 25, 2009, but the overall tenor of the next couple of months will be a bit slow-moving and suspicious, although not as panicky as we have been up to this point.
Solar Ingress Chart
Taking the standard solar ingress chart, the Sun enters Taurus on May 14, 2009, at 12:17:24 PM EDT, Washington DC. The rising sign for the chart is CANCER with Saturn retrograde in the second house; Moon and Rahu in the seventh house in Capricorn, Jupiter in the eighth house in Aquarius, Mars and Venus in the ninth house and Sun and Retrograde Mercury in the eleventh house in Taurus. The big change in this chart occurs at the end of May when Mercury goes direct (see above), May 31st when Venus enters Aries and May 16-17 when Saturn goes direct.
The placement of Venus and Mars in the same sign usually encourages increased sexual activity and for some individuals, relationship infidelity, and Mercury in the same sign encourages some deception in this area. Also, after May 17, some debts that had been deferred for a while will be called due, as when Saturn turns direct, deferred debts get increased pressure for collection. This pressure will probably be continued through mid-June, as the overall patterns in the chart support repayment of debts. In general terms, people with Cancer rising will have better prospects for work, and many people who were looking for work for five months will find some (lesser paying) work opportunities in late May and early June. So, although there is some guarded optimism on the employment front for some people, what was stated earlier about distrust of government and slow change or stagnation holds true through the next ingress in mid-June.
The month starts up under a relatively favorable lunar placement, but this is also obstructed by the Ketu conjunction. However, this is not unfavorable for travel or other actions, though caution in trusting people in contractual relationships is indicated.
- May 9-11 should be generally avoided for any new activities and people should generally give friends a and relationship partners a wide berth, as most people will be overly sensitive during this period.
- Avoid May 13- May 16, if possible, for travel.
- May 17-19, 2009 gives a generally good array of nakshatras and planetary placements, save for Mercury retrograde and Sun aspected by Saturn, which will make agreements unnecessarily complicated.
- May 20 is good for entertaining, but would not be recommended for travel, and one should expect some delays or obstruction in work between May 23- 25, especially for those with Aries and Libra rising signs.
- Although May 26-27th should be good for quick action and completing tasks; the same activities will cause frustration and delays between May 28-29th. May 30-June 2 should be all right, just full of effort.
- June 3-5 should produce delays in financial gains and will also introduce stress in relationships, particularly for those with Libra, Aries, Gemini or Aquarius rising or Moon signs. The period from June 6- June 8 will improve relationship patterns, but June 8 and June 10 should be avoided for making major decisions or travel. June 9th should be suitable for most activities.
- June 12-13 appears to cause some overall financial consternation and worry, although it will be confined to this two day period; also, this period will be very difficult for governments and will show more problems with their finances. June 14 to 15 shows a Moon-Jupiter conjunction and should be a more optimistic perspective and relief after June 13, 2009 problems.
Gary Gomes Biography:
Gary Gomes, BS and MBA, Sociology and Business Administration, University of Massachusetts. Gary Gomes has worked several years as State Vocational Education Liaison for 38 school districts in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts; Grant writer for the City of New Bedford -- responsible for city's AIDS Education award from the National Science Foundation; President of the Council of Vedic Astrology; and Swami of the Temple of Kriya Yoga. He was among the first wave of Westerners to take up Hindu astrology and is a on the faculty of the American College of Vedic Astrology located in Sedona, AZ. He has also lectured on Hindu Astrology throughout the continental United States, in Hawaii and in England. He is an ordained Swami of the Temple of Kriya Yoga and is a duly initiated practicing Hindu of the Shaivite tradition. He is a faculty member at Kepler College, was an Assistant Professor of Jyotisha (Hindu Astrology) at the Hindu University of America and is a Reiki Master.
New Bedford MA
508-990-7898 or 508-994-5725 • email@example.com
Web sites: www.councilvedicastrology.org or www.crystalexpectations.net