|Go Back | Newsletter Archive|
Part One of Two
January 27, 2009
Chakrapani Ullal, heralded as one of the foremost Vedic Astrologers in not only the United States, but around the world, and considered to be a teacher of teachers gives us a view of his personal journey. As the founding Honorary Chairman of ACVA, he plays an active role in bringing together the Vedic and Western astrologers. He took time out of his very busy life, to answer a few questions for us. I know you will all enjoy this Four Part Series as Chakrapani shares his wisdom!
In the Beginning
Charlotte: Chakrapaniji, please tell us about your background, and your beginnings.
Chakrapani: I am born into a family who has an astrological background. My father was a practitioner of astrology, and Ayurveda, and tantra. My mother's father was a great, well-known astrologer, also. So, in a way I am filled with astrological knowledge from both sides.
And because my father was a practicing astrologer, when I was growing up, people from the village used to come to my father to ask about various things that they were going through - about health, about marriage, about finances, about other difficulties, conflicts - anything.
And how it works is - my father will sit down, and the people will sit in front of him, and generally it is not private. They are open; people will come, and anybody can come. And since the very beginning of childhood, I was very intrigued and interested in this kind of knowledge. Click To Read More.
You can meet and study in person with Chakrapani on the beautiful island of Kauai, Hawaii in May Kauai Information
Donations to ACVA
Or call 928.592.4633 from 10:AM to 3:00 PM Mountain Standard Time
|Chakrapani Ullal "Most of the people who are interested in astrology, are, in one form or the other, spiritual seekers. When I do the introduction to the chart, I say: "By making effort; by using willpower; and gaining the grace of God." These are the three important pillars of evolution." Read More|
|A Seven-Day Healing Intensive|
Sam Bhavan Retreat Center, Kauai, Hawaii
May 24th - 31st, 2009
Beginning and Intermediate / Advanced Learning Tracks will be offered
This seven-day healing intensive program explores both Vedic Astrology and Ayurveda, helping the student cross-reference and use both disciplines together for healing and counseling purposes. Because the program is integrated with daily yoga and meditation practices, participants will experience the richness of a yogic lifestyle and ayurvedic prepared meals, combined with profound knowledge of the Vedic sciences.
Facility: Sam Bhavan Kauai Retreat
For More Information: Please Visit http://www.acvaonline.org/acva-events-2010 Or Call 928.592.4633
Book Before March 31st 2009 to save money!
|Venus the Planet of Love Transits Exalted|
in Pisces for Four Months!
"In observing the current transit of Venus which runs through the end of May, we can see an unusually powerful influence which merits our attention." - "Given the current financial environment we are particularly interested to note what influence Venus will have on current economic trends." - "People tend to be very much attached to the planet Venus because of its influence on Relationships and Love. " - "Venus is an Artist and therefore it supports all manner of art and creativity. Depending on the position of Venus in the chart of a particular individual,"
To read this full article:
Chakrapani Ullal, heralded as one of the foremost Vedic Astrologers.
|If you are considering expanding your knowledge of Jyotish or Vedic Astrology please join us on March 18th for our New Online Learing Experience. That is the start date for ACVA's next opening of online classes.|
For both new students and those already in our program we just we just spent hundreds of dollars and many man hours making a progressive update to
|the ACVA Discussion board.|
Your classes are now running on the latest version of the software.
ACVA provides ongoing Level I and Level II online courses in Vedic Astrology.
To register, for the March 18th course contact our registrar Nancy Dietz by email at email@example.com or by phone 928.592.4633 before March 15th.
Visit the ACVA website www.acvaonline.org for more information.
Reasons to Love
Well, I never set out in life and said to myself, hmmm, I'm going to be a Vedic Astrologer when I grow up! I mostly wanted to be an opera singer, a bride and a Doctor (like my Mom and Dad).
My Grandfather however, influenced me strongly imprinting me with knowledge of astronomy, astrology, the work of the Rosicrucian's, Dowsing, and the Ascended Masters. I used to color in his hardbound Alice Bailey books. The Will Department - Red, Love - Blue, Active Mind, Creative Intelligence - Yellow. Then, 40 years later, (and 20 years ago) I became a voice channel of Djwhal Kuhl and the Ascended Masters myself, but that is another story.
Anyway, I didn't know till I got to college that everyone wasn't trained in astrology by one of their grandparents! (He lived on a farm in rural Oklahoma.)
So, what began your story? Please submit your stories of 300 to 600 words of what led you to the study of Vedic Astrology. If you are just now thinking about the study, and wonder if you have any indications for this study, you can check your chart (or have your astrologer check your chart) for some of the following characteristic signatures of the pursuit of astrology for both pleasure and profession.
|Ten Potential Astrological Signatures of a Vedic Astrologer|
1. Positive planets in, aspecting or ruling the 2nd house - the house of study and knowledge, the house of speech, the house of self-earned wealth and the house of family life (which lends a desire to be involved in the life of others.) Don't forget to count this from your moon chart or Chandra Lagna too. (Make the moon your first house)
2. A connection between Mercury and Ketu - because Mercury is the planet of intellect and Ketu, the moksha karaka, or significator for enlightenment "connects" the intellect to the "other side."
3. A connection between Jupiter and Saturn, respectively the planets of Expansion and Restriction. This gives the energy of balance or a "legal mind set." This connection also often produces a religious or spiritual inclination - giving the individual the desire to be of service to others, Karma yoga.
4. A connection between Jupiter and Mercury which gives the mind high ideals or a connection between Saturn and Mercury - which draws the intellect to the study of "old," or ancient information. This type of astrologer often tends to be a researcher and/or writer.
5. Dharma / Karma Raja Yogas (9th and 10th house yogas) connecting to the natal Ascendant, Sun and Moon or Jupiter. And, the strength of the Moon (mind) in exaltation, own sign, friend's sign, well aspected and fortified (moon rules the aspects of the mind associated with desire, intent and memory) with Mercury (mercury rules the intellect, the part of the mind that discerns how to fulfill the desires of the mind) in exaltation, in Neecha Banga Raja Yoga (in Pisces with the debilitation cancelled by yoga)
|6. Planets in Water Signs - Brahmin signs. This can increase intuition. Libra Ascendant or Moon. Libra is known to be extremely intuitive.|
7. Mercury with high bindus (points) in Ashtakavarga (house strength system) - also an aspect of Saturn to Mercury or Saturn in a Kendra (angle) to Mercury. (Saturn in the 10th from Mercury brings "stability and wisdom to the Intellect. Also, Mercury in the 6th from Saturn can be found in the charts of astrologers as Saturn throws its 3rd aspect on the 10th house from Mercury and the 10th aspect on the 5th house from mercury. The 10th house is the career; the 5th house is the purva poonya (past life karma) and the house that indicates the mind, or the depth of the mind. (Or lack thereof).
8. Ruler of the 9th (house of Dharma or life purpose) in the 2nd is often found in the charts of astrologers, conversely, it is often found in the charts of those that have a strong "public," dharma. The key is to observe exactly which planet rules the 9th house of Dharma. With for example, Cancer rising, the 9th ruler is Jupiter, and Jupiter in its friendly sign of sun ruled Leo would make a strong dharma in many fields. Better to say, that a strong dharma should be indicated for any astrologer to become a prominent astrologer. So we see that there are many different callings for the astrologer - perhaps prominent or perhaps a great author or researcher who seldom works with the individual in the public domain of life.
9. Is it the family dharma? One or more people in your immediate family practice astrology.
10. It is your total passion. You cannot imagine doing anything else for your life work.
|If you still are unsure - I recommend you read the New York Times Best Seller The Passion Test by Janet and Chris Attwood. It has a simple self-test that you can take to help you get in touch with the life purpose that most resonates with your Self.|
Submit your questions , stories and topics of interest that you would like to hear about in the ACVA- News to: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Christina's February Tips!|
The Sidereal Sun has moved into the sign of Aquarius (Feb 12) and will continue in opposition to Saturn Rx in Leo. This powerful parivartana yoga (exchange of houses, Saturn rules Aquarius and Sun rules Leo) will cause angst in Government, in People in and of Authority and will increase earth changes such as Fires, Earthquakes, Explosions and Accidents.
These house exchanges can be very fortunate in commerce. When the exchange occurs with enmity (Sun and Saturn are enemies - Saturn is the Son or child of the Sun) the experience is one of harshness. Click Here To Read The Complete Article
Christina Collins, Jyotish Kovid, Jyotish Vachaspati is a 3rd generation astrologer specializing in the Vedic system. She received her honorary titles from the late Dr. B.V. Raman, former President of the ICAS (Indian Center for Astrological Sciences) in New Delhi and Bangalore, India. She is the first and sole American woman to be honored by this highly held title of Jyotish Vachaspati (Jyotish – the light bearer and Vachaspati – the one who speaks the truth and whose predictions come true. (Vac = speech and Brihaspati is a name of Jupiter the planet of wisdom and truth. She serves as faculty and on the Board of Directors of ACVA (American College for Vedic Astrology,) as Editor of the ACVA News and is President of Celestial Resources (The Timing Coach) where she serves corporate and private clients from celebrities to students. You can reach her in Boulder, Colorado:
Christina Collins, J.K., J.V.
The Timing Coach
• email@example.com • firstname.lastname@example.org • www.vedicastrologer.cc
|Submission Guidelines: Please contact the ACVA News Editor to have submissions considered for publication in upcoming ACVA eNewletters. email@example.com|
Volume I, Issue 2
American College of Vedic Astrology
P.O. Box 2149
Sedona, Arizona 86339
Follow our new Donation
Thermometer and help us create,
visualize and realize our goal!
ACVA is a 501 C3 Corporation
All Donations are fully Tax Deductable
|Go Back | Newsletter Archive|